Translate

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The dilemma of Hand Dyeing vs Water wasted and the need for a purification system.

Hello all. I find I have a major dilemma.

I love dyeing my fibers, fabrics, everything really. Color is who I am. I truly enjoy the process of turning a black slate into something colorful and full of imagination. I see art everywhere. It speaks to my soul. There is a dark side of dyeing though.

As a hand dyer I have to use a lot of water. I try to reuse as much as possible but without an adequate filtration and purification system a lot is wasted. My life philosophy is Ever Improving Me. I believe as a person I will continue to grow and improve always. I also believe I should do my part to improve the world I live in.

 I wanted to reach out to the fiber arts community and people in general. I want to see if anyone has come up with an answer to water purification. It must be on a scale large enough for a hand dyer. It also still must be able fit inside a home or small based business space.

I was researching ideas today and came across this DIY purifier. Has anyone out there made or bought a water purifier for dyeing purposes

  • What prompted your decision to make or buy?
  • If made, how did you make it?
  • If bought, what type did you get?
  • How effective do you find it to be?
Please get back to me with your thoughts and ideas. I will probably be exploring this subject much further so I look forward to hearing from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment