Translate

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What should I bring to my fiber festivals?

I am preparing for 4 year end fiber festivals. I have some ideas for what I want to bring but I would also like to ask you all. If you were going to my booth at a fiber festival what would you hope to see there? What should I have in my booth? If you have been a vendor at a festival what did you forget to bring that you wish you had? I would love any thoughts, insights or advice! Thanks!

Here is a list of festivals I will be attending:

Southern Indiana Fiber Arts Festival
on October 14-15, Friday 1-7, Saturday 9-5 The festival is being held at Harrison County Fairgrounds, 341 South Capitol Avenue, Corydon, IN.

Fiber in the ‘Boro on Sat October 29, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. The address is Lane Agricultural Center, 315 John R Rice Blvd, Murfreesboro, TN. I will be sharing a table with jessecreations of Storied Yarns and cmarie14 of Mulberry Fibers so come and see us!

Western KY University’s Kentucky Museum on Nov 4-5 in Bowling Green, KY. There is a really cool Quilt show running from Oct 21 - Dec 10. and I will be vending there and putting on a program on Nov 4th!

Arkansas Fiber Arts Extravaganza on Dec 2-3. I will have batts, roving, yarn -- all the usual suspects so if you leave nearish come and say hello! It will be at the Hot Springs Convention Center in Hot Springs, Arkansas.

3 comments:

Ebonraven said...

Bring some batts, obviously. :)

If you have some of your own fiber spun into handspun, bring that. There are (weirdly) people who don't want to spin their own yarn, but want handspun.

BRING BUSINESS CARDS. LOTS OF BUSINESS CARDS.

Bring something shiny that can move and catch people's attention.

Bring smiling faces. :)

And bring something in a neutral color to place your fiber on and then bring some form of riser so that some of your fiber is higher than other fiber.

And if you can... bring a spinner who can spin your fiber into yarn while you are there.

Unknown said...

Those are some great ideas and man am I glad you mentioned business cards because I am out of them! I don't really have hand spun yarns though because I am one of those people who love it but just don't do it enough on my own. RoLynn had recommended that I spin up some samples though of my batts so that people can see how they would spin up. Shiny.. hmm.. could that also be my nervous but smiling face lol!

Ebonraven said...

I ordered about 500 of my business cards before my last show... and then didn't even go. But I have the business cards in case I need them now. :)

And if you have spinners in your area (check with your Rav group and see if anyone is local) ask if someone would come demo spinning at your booth.

I'd have them buy the batts from you, but give them like 50% or 75% off the purchase price if they will spin at your booth for a couple of hours.

Post a Comment