Translate

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Meditation made easy!



Lately (or always it seems) my life has been stressful. I have been told more than once that I should meditate. When I was given the chance to review The Meditation Beginner's Bible by Tai Morello I took this as a sign. I was given a copy to read and then review honestly.

I enjoyed the book. I actually found myself using some of the techniques described in the book as I read. The chapters were easy to read and understand. I really liked how the information was broken down so simply. The benefits of meditation are presented in bullet form. Scientific studies were provided to give a more in-depth view of exactly how meditation works. 

Morello offers several methods of meditation. This is great for someone new to meditation as the options allow a person to choose the right method for themselves. I really felt like this book was written with love as it is clear the author truly wishes to make meditation accessible to everyone. The entire tone of the book is one of friendship and guidance to allow anyone to meditate. 

The only thing that did throw me off a bit was the title. At first I thought this book would be a guide on how to use the Bible as a meditation tool. The book is strictly a meditation book. I loved how myths were presented and busted. I loved the links to meditation tools. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in learning how to meditate to alleviate stress, anxiety, and pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment