Translate

Friday, December 2, 2011

Appologies, Explanations, & Business Overhaul

Its fessing up time for me. You all know if you are a regular customer or even an active forum looker/talker that despite my best efforts I am usually running late. I am really behind now (again) and I have to let yall know what all is going on. I feel like its only fair and honest to do this. So here it is. This past year has really sucked all the money from my business. I don't have a lot of back stock or a lot of stuff in the shop and I am sorry about the lack of variety and speed when you purchase. To help with this situation I have decided along with Tom that its in our best interest to get a full time job.

This job is at a call center and I honestly believe its good for me as I need stability right now. Some of you know about the heartache we have been through with our miscarriages. We have been to the dr many times and we have had many tests done. That has also taken its toll on my business, my spirit, my life.. everything really. I have found it very hard just to maintain a semblance of normal and happy in life and on here. That is why I don't post as often as I should and I haven't really kept up with my threads or or my posts. Its just very hard to post happy things when you feel so depressed and unhappy. That is sort of the world I have been living in for about a year now. I am finally at the point where I have made some positive changes in my life and I believe they will have positive effects in my business as well, though it will take time.

I started seeing a dr, and neurologist again to help control some of my pain and depression. Its not been long but I am already feeling so much better. I believe I am able to go to grief counseling now to help move past this and we are taking some time to try to heal, the both of us. Its still a rocky road and not all days are good or even ok. The call center job is helping me to find some stability in life which is also helping. The job is from M-F, 3:30pm-Midnight right now. I am finding it hard to get many orders shipped out or made up so that is a bit of struggle still. If you have orders that are do please understand that I am doing the best that I can to get them to you. This weekend I plan on working to get a lot done. You may wonder why I am even telling you all of this. The reason is that as a self employed home based business owner my personal life drastically effects the state of my business because its all me. I am the one who dyes, who makes batts, who chooses colors. Tom helps as he can but he is just not able to do the creative stuff for me. He is more of a talented musician.

Moving forward from here on out I am changing some of my shop policies and some of how I do business. It is moving to a part time business for the time being. I will be shipping out only a 1-2 times a week as I am able. I will figure out which day/s these will be and post them. If you have any thoughts or suggestions that would be of help I would love to see them.

I also want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me through the past few years either by being a customer, a friend, an acquaintance anything really. You are all very special to me and I hope you know that. I hope in your own lives you know what a difference you make daily. The power of love is tremendous and I hope we all know how to wield it. As to having babies we are looking into adoption seriously now that we are in a place we believe we could do it. This next year is going to show many positive changes in our personal lives and my business life and all the places it mixes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment