Translate

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Craftsy meet up party at Enchanted Yarn, Jan 26, 2012

This week I am working out of Enchanted Yarn Shop in Clarksville, TN. The owner is RoLynn and she is one of the absolute nicest people you will ever meet! I have been helping to gear up for the Craftsy meetup Party tonight at 5:30pm. So far there are 67 people RSVP'ed!!! That is simply incredible but goes to show what sort of shop she has. They were #1 in the whole world for RSVPs for the party! It just sort of blows me away.

If you have not heard about the Craftsy parties let me tell you a bit. Etsy has a learning/teaching side called Craftsy. They are trying to promote crafting, and learning and get the community involved which I think is pretty cool. This is the first major meet up but I do believe they plan on doing it monthly. Anyone can host a meet up so its a great way to meet other crafters in your area.

What happens is you register to host a party like Enchanted Yarn shop did, then people can RSVP or just show up. You think about something you know how to make and then write or find instructions on how to do it. You bring 20 copies to the party to help others to learn how to make something new and fun. Its that simple! I plan on hosting one in my area next month and I hope to see you there!

You can find Enchanted Yarn shop online, on Ravelry, and on Facebook. Of course you can also visit the shop in person at 2327 Madison Street Clarksville, TN 37043, or call the shop at (931) 553-9000.

No comments:

Post a Comment